The Kwara State House of Assembly, on Thursday passed two major bills that are expected to have significant impact on the wellbeing on the down trodden and people with Disabilities in the state.
The bills include a bill for a law to repeal the Kwara State Health Insurance Scheme Law 2017 and to establish the State Health Insurance Agency and the State Health Insurance Scheme.
This is aimed at providing access to affordable healthcare for all residents of the state.
The second bill, aimed at amending the People with Disabilities Law 2017, to provide responsibilities for Commissioner and other government officials with a view to ensuring better implementation of the law for the targeted people with disabilities in the state.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Health and Environment Hon Ahmed Ibn Mohammed and his counterpart in Commerce and Cooperatives, Industry and Solid Minerals, Women Affairs and Social Development Committee, Hajia Aishat Ibrahim had while presenting their reports before the parliament expressed desirability for the passage of the two bills into law, for the benefits of the people of the State.
The Deputy Speaker Elder Matthew Okedare, who called on the Clerk of the House, Alhaji Ahmed Katsina Mohammed, to read the two bills for the third time, directed him to prepare clean copy of the bills for the Governor’s assent.
Meanwhile, the House at its sitting, observed a minute silence in honour of the member of the 7th legislature of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Hamidu Giwa Afolabi, who died last month at the age of 64 years.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG