The Kwara State House of Assembly is to investigate non payment of full salary for the month ofJanuary to all categories of workers in all the 16 Local Government Councils in the state.
To this end, the legislature has summoned the Accountant General of the State, Permanent Secretaries of the State Ministries of Finance, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, the State Chairman of the Local Government Service Commission, Consultant, Nigeria Union of Teachers, the National Union of Local Government Workers (NULGE) and the Chairmen of all Local Government Councils to appear before its Committees on Public Account as well as Local Government and Chieftaincy Affair.
The Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad, while reading the resolutions of the House, expressed zero tolerance for corruption at the Local Government Councils, pointing out that no Local Government Council in the state ,should have excuse for not paying full salary to its staff for the month of January, given the inflow from Federation Account.
Hon Oyeleke had while raising the Matter disclosed that Councils in the state, received about N2.5bn allocation for the month of January, pointing out that information available to the Parliament, indicated that some Local Government workers, didn’t receive full salary for the month of January.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders