The Kwara State House of Assembly has urged the State Government to connect Sheikh Alimi Community in Ilorin South Local Government to the national grid, to further enhance the well-being of the people of the area.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the resolution of the House was followed by Matter of General Public Importance raised by a member representing Ilorin North- West Constituency, Hon. Abdul Rafiu Abdul Rahman on lack of electricity supply to the Community.
The Deputy Speaker, Elder Mathew Okedare, who presided over the Tuesday’s sitting, while reading the resolution of the Parliament, said the need to connect the community to national grid became necessary in view of the communal spirit so far demonstrated by the community in procuring almost half of the equipment needed to connect it to national grid.
Hon. Abdul Rahman had while raising the Matter said the project which required over N4.3m to be completed, urged the state government to come to the rescue of the community, which according to him, had been in darkness for over 10 years.
A member representing Kaiama/ Kemanji/ Wajibe Constituency, Hon Ahmed Ibn Mohammed, while speaking on the Matter, urged Ilorin South Local Government Council and well meaning individuals, to complement state government’s effort in connecting the community to national grid.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele