The Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad gave the assurance in Ilorin, shortly after the presentation of the report on the 2017 Appropriation Bill of the Kwara State Government, by the chairman House Committee on Finance and Appropriation Hon. Mashood Bakare.
Dr. Ahmad who described the passage of Appropriation Bill as the cardinal function of any legislature, said the 8th Assembly under his watch, was carrying out a rigorous task on the budget estimate to enhance its implementation by the executive arm of government.
He then enjoined members to take a thoroughly look at the 350 page report, with a view to making robust contributions on the report, to fast track its implementation.
The Speaker who said the house would not compromise its constitutional functions, in the task of enhancing the well-being of the people of the state, assured that the legislature would intensify its oversight function this year, to ensure that over 70% of the budget is implemented by the state government.
Meanwhile, the House has promised to do the needful, to ensure that International Vocation Centre commences operation this year, by attending to the issue of acute water problem in the Centre.
The Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad gave the assurance, while reading the resolution of the House on reactivating Oyun Water Works raised by the House Leader Hon. Hassan Oyeleke who stated that the acute water problem facing IVC can be permanently resolved by attending to the Oyun water works which also affects Offa, Oyun and Ajase Ipo Communities.
The Speaker then directed members representing the affected areas in the house to visit Oyun water works and the IVC, with a view to having first hand information on the issue.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes