The Kwara state government will tomorrow (Thursday) commence the distribution of free 1,997,000 treated mosquito nets to children under five years and pregnant women in the state.
The state’s commissioner for Health, Hon. Atolagbe Alege, disclosed this during an interview with newsmen in Ilorin, the state capital on Wednesday.
Alege said free distribution of treated mosquito nets was aimed at eradicating malaria and other communicable diseases in all parts of the state. Read also: Lions Clubs commences free diabetes treatment, others in Kwara
He said that the cards for the f distribution of the mosquito nets to all households in the 16 local government areas of the state had earlier been distributed by health workers across the state.
“Between Thursday, Sept.28 and October,3, 2017, we shall distribute free 1,997,000 treated mosquito nets for children under five years and pregnant women to prevent outbreak of malaria in the state,’’ the commissioner said.
Alege, however, warned healthcare officials in charge of the exercise against extortions or taking gratifications from anyone or group before giving out the mosquito nets.
He advised mothers in the state to use the nets for their comfort and that of their children instead of selling them.
The commissioner said that the state government had in the last one year spent N45 million on prevention of outbreak of communicable diseases in the state. Read also: JUST IN: Kanu’s lawyer takes Buratai to Court
He said that the money was spent on upgrading of the public health department, surveillance, ecological services, gathering of information and sensitization programme.
He added that part of it was also spent on monitoring and evaluation of laboratory analysis.
The commissioner advised residents of the state to complement government’s efforts aimed at ensuring their wellbeing by maintaining a clean environment at all time.
He also advised them to monitor the types of foods and drinks they consume to avoid contacting communicable diseases.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections