The Commisioner of Police in Kwara State, CP Olushola Amore, has lunched campaign against corruption and other misconducts among men and officers of the command.
While briefing journalists at the Command’s headquarters on Thursday, CP Amore assured members of the public of the total commitment of the Police Force under the leadership of the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, towards ensuring maximum protection of lives and property of member of the public.
CP Amore assured the public that “The Police Force is now reformed for better service to the public. Bail is free and corrupt practices such as extortion is unwanted.
He however led men and officers of the command on a procession which began from the Police headquarters through the popular Ahmadu Bello Way-Challenge Area — Post Office as well as Sulu-Gambari road.
The CP led the team by carrying plycard with inscription “Bribery & Corruption not in my character”. ROYAL NEWS reports that other inscriptions on the plycards displayed by other senior officers of the Command are: “Police is your friend, No to corruption, Ban on road block still invoke among others.
He therefore appealed to members of the public to efficiently utilise the opportunities avail them by the command to assist in the reforming the police by aligning themselves with the new policies.
Shortly after the trek, CP Amore who thanked journalists said: “For being part of the exercise from the beggining to the end, I now know today that you journalists here are reliable friends who want me to succeed. I will always be proud of you.”
The event also witnessed the distribution of fliers containing information and phone numbers to be contacted by members of the public.
- Ex-Gov. Ahmed to be charge to court soon– EFCC
- Oyo Govt Reopens Industrial Facility Sealed Over Pollution
- Customs deploys new Area Controller to Kwara
- Senate probes cement, other building materials’ prices increase
- Kwara students applaud AbdulRazaq for pro-masses programmes
- Senate rejects planned electricity tariff hike, probes N2trn subsidy requirements
- CBN’s Monetary Policy C’ttee nominees proffer solutions to FX, food crisis
- Senate confirms NHIA, NPC, NAHCON nominees
- Abuja lawyer, Maxwell Opara drags Tinubu to Court over alleged lopsided appointments
- Kwara AGILE to Secure Future of Children – KWSG