The Kwara State Government has directed Senior Secondary Schools (SS3) to resume academic class on Wednesday August 5, 2020.
This was disclosed on Monday by the Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development in the state, Hajia Ahmed Fatimah, during the official presentation of protective Kits to the Ministry by the Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Mr. Kayode Alabi.
According to her, the provision of protective kits and the sensitization of students on social distancing will afford them the opportunity to have a hitch free academic programme and also prevent them from contracting Covid-19.
Hajia Ahmed said the Ministry will ensure that there is strict compliance with all rules and guidelines laid down by NCDC and the Federal Ministry of Education.
Earlier, the Deputy Governor, Mr. Kayode Alabi had directed the Ministry to make sure that the protective kits reach all the students that will resume on Wednesday.
In a similar development, the Honourable Commissioner for Education, Hajia Ahmed Fatimah Bisola has charged All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary School (ANCOPSS) to make sure that both teachers and students abide by the rules and regulations of NCDC in order to avoid casualties in schools.
She said monitoring teams from the Ministry and its agencies will be going round for inspection. She added that, government will not hesitate to discipline any school official that is going to endanger the lives of the students.
In his remark, the ANCOPSS President. Alhaji Toyin Abdullahi commended the state government for the provision of protective kits to schools in the state.
He however assured them of even distribution to all schools and also monitoring of the usage.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections