The Kwara State Government has directed Senior Secondary Schools (SS3) to resume academic class on Wednesday August 5, 2020.
This was disclosed on Monday by the Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development in the state, Hajia Ahmed Fatimah, during the official presentation of protective Kits to the Ministry by the Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Mr. Kayode Alabi.
According to her, the provision of protective kits and the sensitization of students on social distancing will afford them the opportunity to have a hitch free academic programme and also prevent them from contracting Covid-19.
Hajia Ahmed said the Ministry will ensure that there is strict compliance with all rules and guidelines laid down by NCDC and the Federal Ministry of Education.
Earlier, the Deputy Governor, Mr. Kayode Alabi had directed the Ministry to make sure that the protective kits reach all the students that will resume on Wednesday.
In a similar development, the Honourable Commissioner for Education, Hajia Ahmed Fatimah Bisola has charged All Nigeria Confederation of Principals of Secondary School (ANCOPSS) to make sure that both teachers and students abide by the rules and regulations of NCDC in order to avoid casualties in schools.
She said monitoring teams from the Ministry and its agencies will be going round for inspection. She added that, government will not hesitate to discipline any school official that is going to endanger the lives of the students.
In his remark, the ANCOPSS President. Alhaji Toyin Abdullahi commended the state government for the provision of protective kits to schools in the state.
He however assured them of even distribution to all schools and also monitoring of the usage.
- Man United massively transformed under Ten Hag – De Gea
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote