The Management of Kwara State Internal Revenue Service, KWIRS, says it saved a whopping sum of N3.9billions as Internal Generated Revenue (IGR) between 2019 to 2021.
Also, the State-owned revenue collection agency debunked allegations against its Chief Executive, Mrs Shade Omoniyi.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Head of Corporate Affairs of the Service, Titilayomi Ogunwale.
The statement described the allegations against the Executive Chairman of KWIRS about funds mismanagement as false.
The statement reads:” Within the past three years alone, the KW-IRS has saved taxpayers a humongous N3.9billion (Three Billion, Nine Hundred Million Naira Only) in what could have gone to consultancies of all kinds if the former platforms had been retained.
“The management of KWIRS is appalled by the weight of bile and determination of some persons to rubbish the Service for their selfish gains. However, what keeps us above malicious intent and envy is our professionalism, transparency, and the huge gains so far made in raising the bar in revenue generation and good ethics.
“A report in an online medium purporting some imaginary mismanagement of any funds is an exercise in futility. Unlike in the previous regime, KW-IRS is today subject to strict fiscal discipline and monitoring at higher levels. It does not control its spending, nor does it handle any funds anymore. This is an improvement in prudence, transparency and accountability.”
It further explained that with the prudent management of resources, the agency had ended an era of bogus consultancy fees, thereby saving its finances.
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG