Connect with us

Uncategorized

Kwara gets commendation on YESSO e-payment initiative 

Published

on

Kwara gets commendation on YESSO e-payment initiative 

Abdulfatah Ahmed

The Kwara State government has been commended for adopting an e-payment platform for the payment of stipends to beneficiaries of the World Bank assisted Youth Employment and Social Support Operation-Pubic Workfare (YESSO-PWF) scheme in the State.

The Head Of Monitoring and Evaluation, Operation Coordinating Unit of YESSO in Cross River State, Mr Chris Anake, gave the commendation on Tuesday during the distribution of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cards to 1210 beneficiaries of the scheme in Kwara to mark the commencement of payment of stipends to the beneficiaries.

Anake said his team was in Kwara as an independent monitoring group to observe the progress of the Pubic Workfare scheme in the State and make submissions appropriately.

He disclosed that Kwara State is the first to introduce the e-payment platform among the 20 states implementing the YESSO-PWF scheme, adding that the e-payment platform will promote transparency and accountability.

Earlier in his address, the Permanent Secretary, Kwara State Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Alhaji Amosa Isiaka Al-amin, urged beneficiaries from the 6 pilot local government areas of the State to take full advantage of the scheme and ensure judicious use of their monthly stipend.

Kwara gets commendation on YESSO e-payment initiative 

He also charged them to be committed in the discharge of the duties assigned to them.

The Permanent Secretary also disclosed that over 4000 youths across the remaining 10 local government areas of the state would be engaged in the coming months as the State government will soon make the counterpart fund available.

Also In his address, Head of the State Public Workfare Unit,  Mr. S.O. Aregbe, assured the beneficiaries that the stipend would be paid as and when due.

He said the PWF component of the YESSO programme, which is targeted at providing immediate labour intensive work opportunities for unskilled youths from poor households, will improve their living standard.

In a separate interviews, two of the beneficiaries, Quadri Abdulraman and Mariam Ayo appreciated the State government for the initiative and solicited for an extension of the scheme beyond 2 years.

Facebook Comments Box

DOWNLOAD ROYAL NEWS eCOPY March 28, 2022


Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.

Contact: info@royalnews.com.ng

Download ROYAL NEWS app

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.