The Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulfatah Ahmed has approved the appointment of Alhaji Abdul-Azeez Muhammad as Special Assistant, Fulani Affairs, to represent Miyetti-Allah in his administration.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Isiaka Gold made this known in a statement issued on Tuesday in Ilorin, the State capital.
He explained that the appointment was driven by Governor Ahmed’s commitment to ensure harmonious relationship between herdsmen, farmers and other segments of the society.
Alhaji Gold said that the appointment would also serve to ease communication between members of Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), the government and local farmers in the State.
The SSG recalled that the decision to appoint a Special Assistant on Fulani Affairs was reached at the enlarged meeting of the State Security Committee held recently.
He congratulated the new appointee and urged him to approach his new assignment with the diligence and dedication that recommended his appointment.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks