Kwara Gov congratulates new NLC executives
Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq of Kwara has congratulated the newly elected state Chairman of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Muritala Olayinka, and other members of the newly constituted State Administrative Council.
This is contained in a statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr Rafiu Ajakaye, on Wednesday in Ilorin.
AbdulRazaq felicitated with the NLC on the success of its 13th Quadrennial Delegates Conference in Ilorin and the emergence of its new leadership in the state.
The governor expressed his excitement at the fine quality of the new leadership that he trusts would build on the constructive engagement, collective bargaining principles and industrial harmony with the government as espoused by the outgone leadership.
“He looks forward to working with the new leadership of the NLC and the labour movement as a whole in an atmosphere of mutual understanding and commitment to public good.
“The Governor urges the new leadership to work with his administration to continuously improve workers’ welfare on a sustainable basis, as has been the case over the past three years.
“During which the government has implemented the new minimum wage in a way never seen before in the state,” the statement read in part.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- NGF: Tinubu congratulates Gov. AbdulRazaq, Uzodinma
- Alleged N4bn: EFCC drills Ex-Gov. Kayode Fayemi in Ilorin
- I never indicated interest to be 10th Assembly’s Senate President— Lawan
- Insecurity: Tinubu gives Service Chiefs Matching Order
- Breaking…..CBN debunks rumour on alleged Naira devaluation
- Folashade Tinubu adds ‘First Daughter of FRN’ to her Twitter bio
- INEC rejects certified true copies of documents tendered by Atiku, PDP
- CBN devalues Naira to 630 per dollar
- Hajj 2023: Again, MAX Air makes another emergency landing in Kano
- How MDAs abused N3.8trn Service Wide Vote, by Senate