Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has commiserated with the people of Igosun and the family of former Deputy Governor of the state Deacon Simon Adedeji Sayomi who died late Wednesday.
“The Governor received the news of the death of His Excellency the former Deputy Governor Adedeji with sadness but with total submission to the dictate of the Almighty God who gives and takes life. The Governor recalled that Deacon Adedeji was a perfect gentleman, a bridge builder, a community leader, and a respectable statesman who served the state well. He was indeed an inspiration, given his role in one of the earliest efforts to free our people from the shackles of political demagoguery,” according to a statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Rafiu Ajakaye.
“Baba Sayomi was until his death a major supporter of the Otoge administration. On behalf of his family, the people and government of Kwara State, the Governor commiserated with the people of Igosun on the death of the Asiwaju of Igosunland and the family and political associates of His Excellency. He prayed the Almighty to repose the soul of the deceased and comfort his family.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies