Kwara State Government has approved the dualization of Yebumot Al -Hikma University-Adeta Roundabout-Oloje Road to ease traffic gridlock, lessen travel time and support industrialization potentials of the state.
The approval for the construction of the road was given Tuesday morning at a meeting of the State Executive Council, held in Ilorin, the State Capital.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Abosede Olaitan Buraimoh, the state Commissioner for Communications, said in a statement issued on Tuesday.
When completed, the road will serve as an industrial Layout by connecting Asa Dam- Western Reservoir dual carriageway with Kaiama Road at Oloje, thereby shortening travel time.
The contract, which is to be completed in 10 months, was awarded at the cost of N1.6 Billion Naira to JMK Construction after a bidding process.
Similarly, the Council approved the award of upgrading of Gbugbu market in Edu Local Government area of the State to a befitting international market.
This is to further boost economic activities of the state through the market which attracts international traders and investors from some neighbouring countries and all parts of Nigeria.
Addressing the council members, Governor AbdulRahaman AbdulRazaq commended them for their patriotism, dilligence and commitment to full realisation of the agenda of his administration at making Kwara State one of the best three-governed states in the country.
He charged the council members not to rest on their oars individually and collectively in consolidating on the impressive gains and progress made so far.
The Governor contended that no matter the fruitless efforts in some quarters to wish away the inglorious past record of the displaced government, posterity would remain grateful to the current crop of dedicated leaders and patriots of the State working collectively in and outside the government to make Kwara State one of the best and investors’ destination in the country.
Meanwhile Governor AbdulRazaq is set to present the 2022 budget estimates to the State House of Assembly tomorrow following the Council’s approval of the draft 2022 budget estimates for the State.
Abosede Olaitan Buraimoh,
Commissioner for Communications.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- JUST IN….. Buhari signs amended electoral bill into law
- FRSC warns motorists against impatience on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway
- Monkeypox infection outbreak in UK, Germany, others
- 2023: Amaechi arrives Kwara, visits Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Defence Minister salutes Nigerian Airforce at 58 (PHOTOS)
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC