Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Sunday rallied support for women empowerment, girl child education, and equal opportunity for all genders.
“I join the rest of the world to commemorate the International Women’s Day,” the Governor said in a statement by his spokesman Rafiu Ajakaye.
The statement is in commemoration of the International Women’s Day with the theme #EachForEqual.
“As an administration, we are unshaken in our belief that no meaningful development can take place when half of our population is unheard. We stand firm in our resolve to empower the girl child, as we do to our male child, to aspire to the highest height,” the statement said.
“This administration believes that half of our developmental challenges are rooted in not giving the right opportunity to women to reach for the stars. An educated woman is many times more likely to raise a healthy and successful family. Enlightened and empowered, she is more likely to save her family from malnutrition, extreme poverty, ignorance, and other social malaise that now plague our world.
“Today, therefore, I join the rest of the global community to seek fair treatment for all women and girl child. I align myself with the global rejection of sexual violence against women, forced marriage, and other oppressive policies targeted at anyone, especially women and other vulnerable groups in our society.”
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note