Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq on Friday commiserated with the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) and the people of Ekiti local government council of the state over the death of one of the suspended Councillors, Hon. Adeniyi Kayode Emmanuel.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Emmanuel who died on Thursday was Speaker of the Ekiti Local Government Legislative Council.
The statement reads: “This is one death too many, particularly because the deceased left behind his two parents, a wife, and little children. We wish this never happened but we are all pencils in the hands of our Maker. We are therefore left with no choice but to accept God’s decision,” AbdulRazaq said in a condolence message late Thursday.
“We commiserate with the family of the deceased and the entire PDP family in the state. We commiserate with the entire suspended executive and legislative councils of Ekiti local government. We also share in the pains of his young family and pray the Almighty God to strengthen them at this sombre time and always. We also pray for the repose of his soul.”
- Private sector impressed as Gov AbdulRazaq declares open 10th Kwara Trade Fair
- Emefiele’s Naira redesign ran farmers bankrupt – FG
- Let’s use media to fight drug, internet fraud- Akogun
- UNILORIN Don canvasses creation of National Examination Malpractices Board
- UNILORIN emerges 9th in global ranking for Int’l students
- Kwara garment factory will be largest in West Africa at full capacity–MD
- WRITERS MOURN DEATH OF VETERAN POET, ỌLÁŃREWAJÚ ADÉPOJÙ
- Powerful Nigerian poet and author, Olarewaju Adepoju dies at 83
- Veteran NTA news caster, Aisha Bello Mustapha is dead
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*