Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman AbdulRazaq, has called on youth corps members to ensure adherence to rules at the camp and pay good attention to all the entrepreneurial trainings being offered.
He stated this at the official swearing in of the NYSC 2019 Batch C (Stream I) Orientation Course in Yikpata in Edu Local Government Area of the State,
Thr governor who represented by his Deputy, Mr. Kayode Alabi, urged them to reflect over the objectives of the mandatory one year national service which began some 46 years ago.
He disclosed that: “Our new administration in Kwara State is not unaware of the many infrastructural deficits here on your camp. I personally visited this camp in June this year, barely a month after my assumption of office, to assess things by myself.
“I was thoroughly embarrassed by what I saw. The donation of some items — including new bed bunks, mattresses, and consumables — that followed shows our commitment to do things differently to make you a lot more comfortable and safe.
“We’ll also consider making some provisions in the coming fiscal year to make this place more habitable for the programme.”
- Buhari seeks Senate’s approval of 6 Executive Bills
- Convicted Yahoo Yahoo boy masterminds $100million deal from prison custody
- EFCC jails another 5 internet fraudsters in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- SAD…AbdulRazaq mourns as KWASU loses lecturer, student in auto crash
- Hate Speech Bill: Death penalty, other punitive terms open to amendments
- Imbibe spirit of sportsmanship, ex-PDP aspirant, Igali tells Bayelsa gov-elect
- No going back on Hate Speech Bill, says sponsor
- UNILORIN, AL-Hikmah varsities’ best graduating students to bag Gbenga Power Foundation scholarships
- Lawan rejoices with APC, Kogi, Bayelsa governors-elect
- Lagos govt to prosecute Indian national for keeping Lion at home