Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman AbdulRazaq, has called on youth corps members to ensure adherence to rules at the camp and pay good attention to all the entrepreneurial trainings being offered.
He stated this at the official swearing in of the NYSC 2019 Batch C (Stream I) Orientation Course in Yikpata in Edu Local Government Area of the State,
Thr governor who represented by his Deputy, Mr. Kayode Alabi, urged them to reflect over the objectives of the mandatory one year national service which began some 46 years ago.
He disclosed that: “Our new administration in Kwara State is not unaware of the many infrastructural deficits here on your camp. I personally visited this camp in June this year, barely a month after my assumption of office, to assess things by myself.
“I was thoroughly embarrassed by what I saw. The donation of some items — including new bed bunks, mattresses, and consumables — that followed shows our commitment to do things differently to make you a lot more comfortable and safe.
“We’ll also consider making some provisions in the coming fiscal year to make this place more habitable for the programme.”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92