The wife of Kwara State Governor, Mrs Omolewa Ahmed, on Wednesday celebrated Valentine with prisoners in the state, ROYAL NEWS reports.
The Governor’s wife who went around prison facilities in Ilorin told the prisoners that she deems it fit to celebrate Valentine and extend love to them.
She told them that they are not forgotten and that they must never despair in the love and forgiveness of God.
Ahmed urge the inmates to raise their hopes and be better citizens when they get back to the society.
According to her, they must have a rethink, as the drama and songs presentation by the inmate, showed that they have talents and can contribute positively to society.
She said people must appreciate freedom and told the prisoners to see it as a phase they will overcome in life.
In his welcome address, the Comptroller of Prisons, at Mandala and Oke-Kura prisons, CP Francis Adebisi, said this is novel for a Governor’s wife to celebrate Valentine with inmates.
He commended Ahmed for her thoughtfulness and love she showed the inmates.
Adebisi appealed for provision of bore-hole, work shops and vocational training of inmates among others.
In their appreciation remarks, the inmates represented by Ibrahim Ali-Jos thanked the governor’s wife for the visit and pledged that they will change their ways for the betterment of the country.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Mrs Ahmed distributed foodstuffs such as bags of rice, garri, corn, cooking oil and toiletories and
also indulge them by cutting the Valentine cake with them.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES
- Kwara Police Spokesman, Ajayi Okasanmi loses father at 84, Gov. Abdulrazaq mourns
- Emefiele quits 2023 presidential race— Source
- 2023: We can’t afford to make mistakes, Saraki tasks Delta delegates