A statement by Mr Sa’ad Aluko, the Director General of Hospital Board Management on Tuesday in Ilorin, said that this would enable the facility to offer more efficient services and attend to patients with special needs.
Aluko said that the acquisition of the machines would end referral of some categories of patents by the hospital to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH).
“Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq saw the need to meet the state’s dialysis services through the procurement of additional two brand new 2021 model Dialysis machines.
“The State’s dialysis services was formerly running on two machines leading to longer waiting time or referral to other centers such as the UITH that is equally operating on two or three dialysis machine,” he said.
“When the need to carry out dialysis on infected patients arises, we usually referred such patients to other centres because of lack of capacity of having a dedicated machine for that,’’ he said.
Aluko noted that with the additional two machines, the hospital could now carry out dialysis on both infected and non-infected patients.
“Equally, with these additional capacities, the centre can now be running 24-hour services allowing for a 24-hour cover to meet the high-patient demand for our services.
“This is indeed yet another dream come true for the state,’’ he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate