Kwara State Government on Wednesday met with a delegation of the Council of Ulamah (Muslim leaders) in the state, with discussions focusing on the spike in COVID-19 cases, the need for enforcement of rules, and the upcoming Eid-ul-Adha — the Islamic feast in which animals are slaughtered.
The meeting harvested the views of the Ulamah Council under the leadership of the Emir of Ilorin Dr Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari. The Muslim delegation, led by the Imam Imale of Ilorin Sheikh Abdullah AbdulHameed, comprised Chief Imam of Offa Sheikh Muhyideen Husayn; retired Justice Salihu Mohammed; Justice Abdul Mutallib Ahmad Ambali; Prof Badmas Yusuf; Justice Idris Abdullahi Haroon; and Dr Abdulrazaq Amuda.
“The government deeply appreciates the rich contributions of the eminent scholars, their support and appreciation of the government’s efforts, and will on Friday July 24th make a pronouncement on the Eid-ul-Adha prayer after due consultations,” according to a statement by the Spokesman of the Kwara State Technical Committee on COVID-19 Rafiu Ajakaye.
The committee, meanwhile, is scheduled to hold various consultative meetings with the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), market associations, transport unions, and bankers between Thursday and Friday to strengthen compliance with safety protocols amid rising cases.
The meeting with the Ulamah Council was chaired by Deputy Governor/Chairman of the Kwara State Technical Committee on COVID-19 Kayode Alabi.
It was attended by Commissioner for Health Dr Raji Razaq; Commissioner for Communication Adenike Afolabi-Oshatimehin; Special Adviser on Political Matters Saadu Salahu; Special Assistant to the Governor on Islamic Affairs Danmaigoro Ibrahim; Director of Public Health Dr Oluwatosin Fakayode; Dr Ghali Mohammed; Prof Shehu Adaramaja; and State Director of the National Orientation Agency Olusegun Adeyemi.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment