Director General of the Kwara State Bureau of Lands Barrister Bolaji Edun is being redeployed to another government office as the recently created Geographic Information Service has assimilated the old bureau of Lands, a statement has said.
“It is important to clarify that the DG of the Bureau of Lands Barrister Edun was not sacked as some media platforms have reported. There is a cessation of the office of the DG Lands in the state. ‘Lands’, as previously known, is now a department under the recently created Kwara State GIS,” according to the statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Rafiu Ajakaye.
“The GIS is to oversee lands and related subjects in more modern, tech-driven and business-like manners. Since there is no such position as DG lands in the emerging arrangement, the Governor will be assigning a new role to Bar. Bolaji Edun. Reports that he was sacked should be ignored by members of the public.”
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
January 6, 2021
- Naira redesign: Don’t make Nigerians scapegoats, says Atiku
- Court stops PDP from suspending Wike
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection