Director General of the Kwara State Bureau of Lands Barrister Bolaji Edun is being redeployed to another government office as the recently created Geographic Information Service has assimilated the old bureau of Lands, a statement has said.
“It is important to clarify that the DG of the Bureau of Lands Barrister Edun was not sacked as some media platforms have reported. There is a cessation of the office of the DG Lands in the state. ‘Lands’, as previously known, is now a department under the recently created Kwara State GIS,” according to the statement by Chief Press Secretary to the Governor Rafiu Ajakaye.
“The GIS is to oversee lands and related subjects in more modern, tech-driven and business-like manners. Since there is no such position as DG lands in the emerging arrangement, the Governor will be assigning a new role to Bar. Bolaji Edun. Reports that he was sacked should be ignored by members of the public.”
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
January 6, 2021
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate