The Kwara State Government in collaboration with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is set to begin sensitization in every part of the State to curb drugs and substance abuse in the State.
The Supervising Commissioner of the Ministry of Youths Development, Hon Usman Yunusa-Lade stated this today in his office during a meeting with officers of the NDLEA in the State.
Hon. Lade noted that the collaborative initiative was aimed at kickstarting a comprehensive and far-reaching campaign with robust sensitization programmes designed to tackle the root causes of drug abuse and raise awareness about its detrimental effects in the society.
According to him, the strategic meeting between the Kwara State Ministry of Youths Development and the NDLEA is a significant milestone in the concerted effort to combating drug abuse in the State.
“What makes this endeavour particularly commendable is the staunch backing it has received from the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq”, he said.
The Commissioner described the active endorsement and championing of this initiative by Governor AbduRahman Abdulrazaq as a confirmation of his commitment to fostering a healthier and more secured environment for the citizens of Kwara.
The Kwara State NDLEA Commandant, Mallam Mohammed Bashir Ibrahim, in his remarks, commended the support of the Governor to embark on the project, while stating that the statewide campaign was designed to incorporate multifaceted strategies, including educational initiatives, community engagement, and the dissemination of relevant information to various demographic groups.
Also present at the meeting were the Special Assistant to the Governor on Drug Abuse, Control and Prevention, Hon. Mukail Olamilekan, the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Youths Development, Alh. Abdulrasak Babatunde Alabere,the Public Relations Officer of the NDLEA, the Director Personnel Finance and Supply, Mrs. Funmilola Adenike Ajide, and the Director of Youths, Mallam Abdulsalam Akeem.
- Oyebanji Unveils N12bn Economic Relief Programme
- (PHOTOS) Ex-Finance Minister, Okonjo-Iweala bags Timor Leste’s second highest national honour
- Kwara CP sues for peaceful demonstration ahead of planned protest (FULL STATEMENT)
- Nnamdi Kanu knows fate on fresh bail battle March 19
- Ex-DSP, Ekweremadu commends Nigerians for solidarity, prayers
- 16, 920 applicants jostle for UNILORIN’s admission
- 3 kids of same parents die of suffocation in Ilorin
- SERAP sues Wike, 36 govs ‘over failure to account for missing N40trn LGAs allocations’
- Lifted sanctions: Begin democratic process now, Northern Senators task Niger
- Group calls for arrest of cleric wanting Tinubu’s wife