The Kwara State government has expressed displeasure over the poor quality of job carried out at Geri Alimi underpass, resulting in noticeable cracks on the multibillion naira project which the last administration inaugurated only in May.
Deputy Governor Mr Kayode Alabi said during an unscheduled visit to the underpass that the sudden cracks around the project exposed the shoddy job done on the project.
Mr Alabi said the collapse of the water pipe — resulting in deflection of water in the area — was as a result of structural deficiency which then led to the crack in some portion of the bridge.
He warned that such act would not be condoned by the new administration inv view of the huge sum of money spent on the construction of the bridge by the immediate past administration.
The Abdulfattah Ahmed administration had spent N3,639,444,659.04 on the underpass. The obvious crack on the bridge has raised concerns in the state, with citizens questioning the integrity of the structure and the danger it poses to the public.
The deputy governor has nonetheless ordered relevant authorities, including Ministries of Water Resources and Works, to urgently address the issues to avoid loss of lives or disruption of businesses around the area.
Alabi further explained that the security and safety of the people is paramount to the present administration and would not accept shoddy jobs from any contractor.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works, Alhaji Garuba Majo, and his Water Resources, Dr Adesola Afolabi, conducted the Deputy Governor round the damaged portion of the bridge.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder