Report reaching ROYAL NEWS has revealed that the Kwara State Government is yet to receive the final tranche of the London-Paris Club refund.
It would be recalled that the Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, on Monday reportedly announced the release of $5.4b to an unspecific number of states as settlement of the Paris Club refund.
However, the Kwara State Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Demola Banu, in a statement issued in Ilorin, said Kwara State is still awaiting its payment from the Federal Government.
Alhaji Banu said the state government has complied with all conditions specified by the Federal Government for the Paris Club final tranche, including a fresh presentation to the Minister of Finance but is yet to receive the payment.
- SAD…. Mimiko looses 88yr-old mother
- (SEE FULL DETAILS) Kwara commissioners and their portfolios
- BREAKING… Party loyalists storm Ilorin as Gov. Abdulrazaq swears-in 16 commissioners, 4 SAs, others
- 100 Ekiti women benefit from NITDA ICT training
- UNILORIN don reveals how theatre art can contribute to national devt.
- Man grusomely murdered in Ilorin by unknown assailants (PHOTOS)
- Sowore: Senate probes alleged court invasion by DSS operatives
- 2020: Senate considers N232.8bn budget for FCT
- Senate moves to end discrimination against women Police
- 24yr-old acclaimed husband arraigned in court over alleged marriage without consent