Report reaching ROYAL NEWS has revealed that the Kwara State Government is yet to receive the final tranche of the London-Paris Club refund.
It would be recalled that the Minister of Finance, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, on Monday reportedly announced the release of $5.4b to an unspecific number of states as settlement of the Paris Club refund.
However, the Kwara State Commissioner for Finance, Alhaji Demola Banu, in a statement issued in Ilorin, said Kwara State is still awaiting its payment from the Federal Government.
Alhaji Banu said the state government has complied with all conditions specified by the Federal Government for the Paris Club final tranche, including a fresh presentation to the Minister of Finance but is yet to receive the payment.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community