The Kwara State Government has assured that Owu Waterfalls will be given the desired attention to project it to the whole world in order to boost the state’s tourism sector.
The State Commissioner for Communications, Mrs Adenike Afolabi-Oshatimehin, made the promise in Ilorin on Thursday when some leaders of Owa Onire community paid her a courtesy visit in her office.
She commended Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for his passionate commitment to make Kwara a hub of tourism by putting necessary facilities in place to encourage investors.
The commissioner also said that there would be even development of the grassroots through effective road construction and reconstruction.
Oshatimehin however disclosed that the state government was doing everything to ensure that rural roads across the state received adequate attention “including the road leading to Owu Waterfalls which is one of the prominent tourism sites in the state.”
She thanked the community leaders for their visit and for identifying with the government and bringing its attention to their domain.
In his remarks, Alhaji Kazeem Jimoh, one of the leaders in Owu, said that the visit was premised on the need to bring the potential of Owu Waterfalls to limelight.
He said that the seven-kilometre road from Owa Onire community to the falls needed urgent attention.
According Jimoh, the road is hardly motorable during the raining season and “we are pleading with the government to intervene in order to boost social activities in the area.”
Owu Waterfall, located in Isin local government area of the state is the highest waterfall in West Africa measuring 120m above the water level and cascades 330 feet down an escarpment with rocky out crops to a pool of ice-cold water below.
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu