The Kwara State Government has appealed to the federal government to assist the state in tackling unemployment by supporting industries like KAM Holding for speedy economic growth for the nation.
The Deputy Governor of the State, Mr Kayode Alabi stated this on Thursday in Ilorin while receiving the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Architect Olamilekan Adegbite in his office.
He also urged the federal government to assist the state especially in tapping it mineral resources to develop and create employment opportunities even as praised the Management of KAM Holding for their bold steps and initiatives. READ ALSO:Smuggling: What KAM Holding boss told Minister (READ FULL SPEECH)
He noted that the State Government would continue to provide the needed support to encourage the growth of industries in the State.
The Minister, Architect Adegbite stated that the Federal Government would encourage local investors in the Mining sector as it had the potential of providing more job opportunities for the people.
The Minister expressed confidence in the ability of the present administration in the State to it turn around for the benefits of the people. READ ALSO:Wow…. See what just happened to former Arsenal Coach, Arsene Wenger
Architect Adegbite expressed the determination of the Federal Government to effectively harness the Mining sector and commended KAM Holding for the steps taken so far to develop the sector.
Architect Adegbite also praised the KAM Holding boss, Dr. Kamoru Yusuf, for his massive infrastructural strides in the state which he said has created a lot of jobs for the unemployed youth.
The Minister added that local investors are better than foreign investors because they would engage the local people and at the end of the day would not take their profit out of the state.
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum