The Makaman Lafiagi, Alhaji Tajudeen Audu, has congratulated the Senate President and Turaki of Ilorin, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on his victory at the Supreme Court describing it as a clear vindication and well-deserving verdict.
Audu who is also a frontline governorship candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) in Kwara State in 2019 described the judgement as a good omen for the nation’s democratic pratice.
The APC stalwart in a statement issued on Friday noted that, “The Supreme Court verdict on Saraki will no doubt renew the confidence of the masses in the nation’s judicial system.”
ROYAL NEWS reports that Alhaji Audu urged the Senate President not to relent in his efforts geared towards economic development of the country through his leadership of the National Assembly.
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training