Secretary of the Kwara State chapter of Labour Party, Comrade AbdulKareem Onagun has emerged the state chairman of Inter Party Advisory Council (IPAC).
IPAC, an umbrella body for all political parties in the state, said the election was conducted on Friday 15 September, 2017 at INEC office, Ilorin.
Mr Abolude Samuel emerged IPAC’s secretary.
In his acceptance speech after the exercise which was conducted by representatives of the National officers of National Action Council (NAC), Alliance for Democracy (AD) and African Democratic Congress (ADC) monitored by INEC officers, Comrade Onagun solicited the support of everybody to successfully conduct the Read also: BREAKING…. Sell APC not Airports, Aviation workers tells FG period of its tenure adding that everybody remain winners.
He thanked past IPAC chairmen and the national officers present at the occasion adding that �I hope their wealth of experience will be brought in aiding us to unify this body more and more.
Earlier, in his welcome addressed, the out gone chairman of IPAC, Alhaji AbdurRahman Omotosho “strongly appeal to the Kwara State Independent Electoral Commission to consider downward review of nomination fee for chairmanship position from the current N250,000.00 to give abundant opportunities to more credible Kwarans to participate in the election as the current economic hardship may create hindrance.
Other officers that emerged included Vice Chairman, Kayode Olabanji of the People Progressive Party (PPP), Assistant Secretary, Ajisafe Adeshina of Action Democratic Party (ADP), Financial Secretary, Bankole Adedeji Yusuf of Democratic Peoples Congress (DPC), and PRO, Abdullahi Bada, Young Democratic Read also: 21 Crowned Kings: Olubadan sues Ajimobi Party (YDP) and Treasurer, Prince Inawole Eyitayo of Democratic Alternative (DA).
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy