I hereby, On behalf of the Traditional Rulers of Kwara State, appeal to those who are protesting in respect of “END SARS”to be mindful of the consequences of their continuous and unabated acts.
As citizens of Nigeria, the protesters are at liberty to air their grievances against the Government in a legal, legitimate and organized order. That being the case, the protesters should have the interest of the country at heart by conducting themselves peacefully.
While we concede the right of every citizen to peacceful protest,we urge them to ensure that the rights of others to go about their lawful businesses unmolested are not infringed upon in the process.
The protesters should not allow hoodlums to take over ,and convert their right to express their legitimate grievances to chaos and destruction of lives and properties.
In the same vein, I seize this opportunity to also appeal to every parent to call in the youths to withdraw from the streets. The youths have made their points and the points are quite clear.
The Government is already taking steps to address the issues, which can not be achieved unless the protesters pursue their demands peacefully and legally.
We pray the parents to approach this matter to avert breakdown of law and order leading to destruction of lives and properties.
Thank you and God bless.
H.R.H.ALHAJI (DR) IBRAHIM SULU GAMBARI, CFR CHAIRMAN, KWARA STATE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS
20TH OCTOBER 2020
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)