I hereby, On behalf of the Traditional Rulers of Kwara State, appeal to those who are protesting in respect of “END SARS”to be mindful of the consequences of their continuous and unabated acts.
As citizens of Nigeria, the protesters are at liberty to air their grievances against the Government in a legal, legitimate and organized order. That being the case, the protesters should have the interest of the country at heart by conducting themselves peacefully.
While we concede the right of every citizen to peacceful protest,we urge them to ensure that the rights of others to go about their lawful businesses unmolested are not infringed upon in the process.
The protesters should not allow hoodlums to take over ,and convert their right to express their legitimate grievances to chaos and destruction of lives and properties.
In the same vein, I seize this opportunity to also appeal to every parent to call in the youths to withdraw from the streets. The youths have made their points and the points are quite clear.
The Government is already taking steps to address the issues, which can not be achieved unless the protesters pursue their demands peacefully and legally.
We pray the parents to approach this matter to avert breakdown of law and order leading to destruction of lives and properties.
Thank you and God bless.
H.R.H.ALHAJI (DR) IBRAHIM SULU GAMBARI, CFR CHAIRMAN, KWARA STATE COUNCIL OF CHIEFS
20TH OCTOBER 2020
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector