Youths from Kwara North Senatorial district on Saturday held summit towards promoting political participation as well as enhanced good governance in the area.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the event which was held at the Kwara State University, Malete, afforded youths the opportunity to engage various political representatives from the district on contentious issues that are keen to the overall interest of the people.
In his remark, the Makaman Lafiagi, Alhaji Tajudeen Audu, applauded the conveners of the summit for pooling together political leaders from the senatorial district and engaging in talks that will further improve the current status of the district.
Represented by Alhaji Ahmed Yusuf, tbe Makaman Lafiagi who is also a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), noted that, “It is just about time the potentials that are at our disposal are well harnessed and translated into reality.”
Also speaking, the organising Chairman of the summit, Hon. AbdulRauph AbdulKareem said: “Kwara North today has become such a complex place that the struggle for a united and prosperous future for the youths is taking a new turn and dimension.
“A mini-nation on its own, Kwara North should be regarded as a senatorial district where unity is strong in diversity. Every ethnic group in the district has its lineage outside the soil of Kwara North. Baruten and Kaiama people have their lineage in Benin Republic, Nupe people have theirs in Niger State and Moro people can be traced to Ilorin emirate because of their culture and traditional bond.”
Meanwhile, a former Senator of the Federal Republic and Chairman of Kwara North Leaders Forum , Sen. Ahmed Mohammed, highlighted the importance of the summit even as he also made it clear that none of gubernatorial aspirants from the district has been endorsed and as such the contest for the governorship seat is on a level playing ground for any intending contestant.
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday