The Kwara state command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in conjunction with local security operatives in Ilorin have intercepted a 100 KVA electricity transformer allegedly stolen by some hoodlums. According to a statement by the state commandant of the corps, Mr Pedro Ideba, which was made available to journalists in Ilorin on Tuesday. The transformer, said to belong to the former MTEL/NATCOM, was sighted at a location near Padson/Kwara Express area of the state capital on February 26, 2017. The civil defence boss also said that the item had been relocated to the command headquarters of NSCDC in Ilorin, “following series of attempts to vandalise it.” “The transformer was moved for safe keep in conjunction with the local security man who expressed happiness over the development.” In a similar vein and on the same day, Mr. Ideba said that some containerised power generating sets were discovered in a location opposite the command headquarters. “The generating sets are products of suspected diversion which were originally meant to power the street lighting system network in the metropolis and belongs to the state government. The transformer were recovered in the process of being illegally taken over by some miscreants,” he said. Mr Ideba, who reiterated efforts of the corps at ensuring safety of all critical assets of government at federal, state and local government levels, also urged members of the public to volunteer useful information to help the corps in serving the people better.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption