Indications have emerged that memebrs of the executive council of the Kwara State chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ) may soon be impeached.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that at a ‘Special Congress’of the council which was held on Monday, a ‘Vote of No Confidence’ was passed on the Umar Abdulwahab-led exco by a member of the Correspondents Chapel, Arowona Abdulazeez.
The sponsor of the motion had alleged several gross miscoducts by the excos to include;lack of periodic congress of the council for four consecutive months as against the provisions of the constitution as well as various financial discrepancies as contained in a report presented by the Auditor, Ahmed Lanre.
The procedural and financial lapses as evident in the reports however earned the excos impeachment motion which was seconded by Saheed Abdullahi of Radio Kwara Chapel.
According to him, “the motion followed the failure of the council to hold monthly congress for four consecutive months contrary to Article 5 (D) 7b of the union’s constitution.
Arowona also raised a point that the auditor’s report was damning and had indicted the present executive members.
He also noted that the agenda of the meeting didn’t reflect minute of the last meeting, which was in the breach of the procedure.
The scenario therefore threw the venue to a rowdy session with members chanting solidarity slogans among other humiliating moves.
Failure to subject the motion to a vote therefore led to a disarray when the presiding chairman insisted that the meeting would progress without voting.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal