Indications have emerged that memebrs of the executive council of the Kwara State chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, (NUJ) may soon be impeached.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that at a ‘Special Congress’of the council which was held on Monday, a ‘Vote of No Confidence’ was passed on the Umar Abdulwahab-led exco by a member of the Correspondents Chapel, Arowona Abdulazeez.
The sponsor of the motion had alleged several gross miscoducts by the excos to include;lack of periodic congress of the council for four consecutive months as against the provisions of the constitution as well as various financial discrepancies as contained in a report presented by the Auditor, Ahmed Lanre.
The procedural and financial lapses as evident in the reports however earned the excos impeachment motion which was seconded by Saheed Abdullahi of Radio Kwara Chapel.
According to him, “the motion followed the failure of the council to hold monthly congress for four consecutive months contrary to Article 5 (D) 7b of the union’s constitution.
Arowona also raised a point that the auditor’s report was damning and had indicted the present executive members.
He also noted that the agenda of the meeting didn’t reflect minute of the last meeting, which was in the breach of the procedure.
The scenario therefore threw the venue to a rowdy session with members chanting solidarity slogans among other humiliating moves.
Failure to subject the motion to a vote therefore led to a disarray when the presiding chairman insisted that the meeting would progress without voting.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling