The State Working Committee of the Kwara State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) is disturbed with the news of attack on a private own tabloid in the State; National Pilot Newspaper located along Asa Dam Road, Ilorin on Friday.
The statement jointly signed by the Council’s Chairman, Mallam Umar Abdulwahab, and the Secretary , Deacon Tayo Ayanda condemned the attack in totality, describing it as uncivilsed attack targeted on Free Press which will not allow democracy and good governave to thrive.
The statement added that the Council is also shocked by the wamton distruction of properties and attack on Government and private facilities by rampaging residents despite measures earlier put in place by the State Government, the State Command of Nigeria Police and Emir of Ilorin to avert such.
Similarly, the management of Royal News Online Newspapers, has condemned the attack describing it as barbaric and deliberate attempt to create tension and war against Press Freedom in the society.
The Director of Administration and Technical Service, Mr. Adeniyi Kayode, in a statement issued on Saturday appealed to the Kwara state government to provide adequate measures that will guarantee the safety of media practitioners in the state.
He however warn youths to desist from unpatriotic acts capable of setting the nation backward with lost of lives, property as well as international reputations.
Contact: [email protected]
- First Bank team visits KAM Holding CEO, Kamoru Yusuf in Ilorin
- After jumping bail, EFCC produces fugitive ex-pension boss Maina in court
- Osun Assembly to work speedily on Bill to protect people living with disabilities
- Sanction contractors who fail to complete projects, FRC advises MDAs
- Children with disabilities most disadvantaged during COVID-19 – UNICEF
- Verdict expected as trial of exiled journalist resumes in Turkey
- FG approves charges on new Lagos-Ibadan rail
- Libyan justice ministry welcomes lifting of travel ban on Gadhafi family members
- Lawyer solicits support for orphanages
- India’s central bank projects faster economic recovery
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)