The Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in Kwara State has faulted claims by the All Progressives Congress, (APC) in the State that it had to postpone its governorship campaign rally scheduled to hold on Thursday at Kosobosu in Baruten local government area due to security concerns.
In a statement by its State Publicity Secretary, Mr Tunde Ashaolu, the PDP described the excuse given by the APC as, false and misleading, stressing that there are no security issues in any part of the State, RLYAL NEWS reports.
The party noted that “it is an open secret that the raging internal crisis and disunity within the party was responsible for the postponement of its campaign rally.”
“Apparently, the campaign could not go on as scheduled because of reports that some former governorship aspirants and top members of the party who are still aggrieved by the emergence of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as the candidate of the party were planning to disrupt the event.
“It is a known fact that the conduct and outcome of the party’s primaries held last October provoked serious crises within the party, which have not been resolved up till now. This is evident in series of clashes involving members of the party, and latest was last Sunday’s fight between supporters of Arch Lola Ashiru and Hon. Saheed Popoola, which left several people brutally injured.
“We, therefore, advise the APC faction to look inward and resolve its crises instead of raising false security concerns.
“The PDP, also calls on Kwarans to reject the APC as it is a violence-prone party. No doubt, a party that cannot maintain internal harmony or manage its internal crises cannot successfully manage a State.
“We ask members and supporters of our party to be prepared for the flag-off of our governorship campaign rally, details of which will be made public soon.”
- 2020 Hajj: Saudi retains 95, 000 slots for Nigeria
- Saudi compensates 2015 crane crash victims
- BREAKING…. Anthony Joshua beats Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia
- SAD… Reinhard Bonnke dies at 79
- Bureau of statistics releases new corruption rate ratio in Nigeria
- BREAKING…. Court sentences two ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ boys to 6months jailterm in Ilorin
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems