Members of the general public have been urged to ignore a malicious and baseless publication by an obscure On-line news outlet, http//www,human heart. com; alleging that the Rector of the institution, Engr. Dr. Abdul Jimoh Mohammed has been suspended from office by the Kwara State government.
Debunking the assertion in a press statement issued and made available today, the Head of Information and Publication division, Mr Ajibola S Jimoh, described the insinuation as falsehood and a deliberate and mischievous attempt to denigrate the person and personality of the Rector, and bring the good standing of the Polytechnic into disrepute.
Commenting further, the Public relations officer described the piece of news item as a devilish attempt to dress Engr. Abdul in borrowed robe by portraying him as an agent and candidate of the last administration in the state, despite the fact that his appointment was approved and ratified by the present Executive Governor of Kwara State, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq in November last year, several months after the expiration of the tenure of the last administration.
It was clarified further that the Rector has never been a politician and was until his appointment, the Deputy Rector, Administration with the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, where he worked and resided.
It also suffice to clarify that the Polytechnic has not awarded any major contract since his assumption office, while issues of contract awards are the prerogatives of the Polytechnic Tenders Board and the Finance and General Purposes Committee.
The release therefore, urged members of the general public to be conscious of hate news being spread by enemies who are envious of the giant strides recorded by the Polytechnic under the present leadership,especially the intervention projects designed and fabricated to assist the state government in its commendable efforts to flatten the curve of COVID 19 pandemic in the state.
Blockage of certificate racketeering by signing of MoU with a Royal Apple and Gold, blockage of leakages from wage bill etc.
Head of Publicity and protocol,
Kwara State Polytechnic.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note