The Kwara State Governor, Abdul-Rahman AbdulRazaq, has been commended for his commitment to moral and religious education for the youths in the State.
The Danmadami of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State on National Qur’an Recitation Competition Alh. Shehu Abdul-Gafar made the commendation in Ilorin while bidding farewell to the Kwara State contingent to the 37th National Qur’an Recitation Competition holding in Gusau – the Zamfara State capital.
The Competition which began in Zamfara State yesterday has participants numbering eighteen including the officials who departed Ilorin International Airport for Abuja for another connecting flight to Sokoto before getting the Zamfara State capital, last night.
Alh. Shehu Abdul-Gafar who is also a Former Secretary to the Kwara State Government said the encouragement and support received from the Kwara State Government has always made the participation of Kwara State in the Annual National Competition possible, adding that all the participants had to be airlifted for this year and last year’s Competition due to security challenges facing the Country.
Alhaji Shehu Abdul-Gafar commended Parents and Guardians of the Competitors for giving their children sound Qur’anic education made them to excel in the State Competition which qualified them for state representation in the National Competition.
He also thanked School authorities from where the competitors were picked for releasing them for the contest; urging the competitors to revise and review often their categories in the Competition so as to win first positions in their categories for Kwara State.
Kwara State is competing Nine out of the Ten categories of the National Competition – with male and female participants featuring memorisation in various categories including memorisation of complete Holy Quran with tajwid and tafsir.
The Competition is due to end on Saturday 24th of December, 2022, ROYAL NEWS reports.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets