Kwara Community and Social Development Agency (KWCSDA) on has received the best performing state agency award.
The award was in recognition of KWCSDA’s execution of highest number of poor communities- supported projects in North Central Geo-political zone, the agency said in a statement.
The award was presented by the World Bank Task Team Leader of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP), Prof. Folusho Okunmadewa, at the close out ceremony marking the end of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) on 22nd June, 2021 at Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja.
Prof. Folusho Okunmadewa said the award was in recognition of
KWCSDA’s laudable achievements in the execution of projects that have direct impacts on the lives of the people, especially at the grassroots level.
He commended the state government for supporting the agency in achieving the good feat.
He also thanked the management of the KWCSDA for their dedication and commitment to the success of the programme.
Kwara State Government was represented by the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Finance and Planning, Mr. Folorunsho Abdulrasaq along with the General Manager of KWCSDA, Engr. (Mrs) Amamat Oluwatoyin Haruna.
Commenting on the award, Mrs Haruna thanked Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for his support with the N60m counterpart funds released to the agency in October 2019.
“With this contribution, the Agency was able to intervene in more Communities and Vulnerable Groups micro- projects which contributed in no small measure to this achievement,” she said.
She said the $450m project, which involved 29 states and the federal capital territory, has wound up and would now be succeeded from July 1, 2021 by the Nigeria COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES).
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku