The National Population Commission (NPC), Kwara office, has said that the 16 local government areas in the state are set for the forthcoming census.
The state Director, NPC, Malam Saheed Adebayo, confirmed the readiness for the exercise while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin on Monday.
Adebayo said that the commission had conducted the first and second pre-test exercises in Kwara in preparation for the next population and housing census.
He further said that the commission just concluded the trial census for the 2023 Population and Housing.
“The first and second pre-test exercise is to test run all census instruments, including the quality and usefulness of the maps already produced.
“Also, adequacy of data capture method adopted, logistics arrangements and educational qualification of field functionaries to make sure that everything is ready for the forthcoming census.
“While the trial census is a dress rehearsal to evaluate all aspects of the census operation before the main census on a limited scale,” he explained The NPC director recalled that the first pre-test was conducted in May 2021, the second pre-test took place in December 2021, while the trial census began in June and ended in July. He however said that the commission had challenges during the whole exercise, but were rightly addressed with the support of stakeholders of the communities involved.
Adebayo said that all the enumerators and supervisors employed for the exercise had been relieved of their positions, adding that there will be new selection before the census.
He thanked the stakeholders and traditional rulers that made the exercise easier and successful, hoping for more cooperation from them during the
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus