The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad, has admonished Muslims to ensure the sustenance of the holy month’s virtues, values and lessons learnt, ROYAL NEWS reports.
This, Ahmad stressed was sacrosanct to every Muslims as it would guarantee that the Ramadan period had great impact on individuals and collectively while its effects would also be felt globally.
The Speaker, in his sallah message on Friday, issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Shuaib Abdulkadir, in Ilorin congratualed Muslims for the feat recorded and admonished modest celebration.
He said that though the Eid-el-fitr marks the end of the long-month fasting from dawn to dusk, Muslims must however be challenged to proof to the world what Islam preaches by carrying on their normal lives as it were during Ramadan.
In the holy month, according to Ahmad, people freely share love and expressed kindness to their neighbuorhood. The gap between the riches and the less privileged was greatly reduced, therefore it is important this is sustained after the month for the benefit of all.
The Speaker added that the festive period is a day of rejoicing and bliss for Muslims; it is a day of blessing and peace, a day to reflect, ponder and as well celebrate together.
While praying for peaceful Eid ul adha and Allah to accept the good deeds of every Muslims who fasted in the month, the legislator further sought for Allah’s forgiveness on transgressions and sins committed.
Ahmad equally enjoined Muslims in Nigeria to use the occasion to pray for the country to surmount every challenges being experienced in different sectors.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes