Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ali Ahmad has described the situation of the State Radio Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Kwara) as appalling, noting that as one of Kwara heritage, it must not be allowed to degenerate any further.
He stated this while reacting to the complaint of a listener from Oyo State who phone into a popular Islamic programme in which the Speaker was featured, “Aliftau” on Friday.
The caller had complained of deteriorating signals of the radio station in his community and a host of other neighbouring towns, thereby denying arid listeners access to the age long radio service.
Expressing his dismay at the level of decay after going round the station at the end of the programme, Ahmad said he would encourage Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed to undertake similar visit and not rely on submissions from government officials.
He regretted that votes allocated annually in the state budget for the radio station to enable it compete favourably with other radio stations in the state were not reflecting on ground.
The Speaker pledged that the lawmakers would look into Radio Kwara issue upon resumption of plenary in January with a view of saving the station from retrogression.
In the course of the radio programme, he promised Kwarans a brand new law to permanently address the growing menace of ritual killings and all those that deal in human parts and grave digging.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Buhari’s Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen, withdraws from Senatorial race
- Stirke: UNILORIN VC sends strong message to FG, ASUU
- Ekiti guber race: I’m committed to APC’s victory at poll—Bamidele
- Foundation produces 65 graduates, gets donation from Davido
- I’ll work with NASS to restructure Nigeria – Atiku
- 2023: I will end banditry in 6 months, says Wike
- Blasphemy: No ‘jungle justice’ in Islam, Group backs Sultan Abubakar
- Prophet Muhammad Was Insulted While Alive, Yet He Didn’t Kill Anybody – Sheikh Gumi
- I’m only PDP presidential aspirant to win APC– Wike
- SOKOTO IMBROGLIO: MURIC CONDEMNS LOOTING, ATTACKS ON CHURCHES