COMMUNIQUE AT THE END OF THE CONGRESS OF THE SPORTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (SWAN), KWARA CHAPTER, HELD AT THE CONFERENCE ROOM OF THE KWARA STATE SPORTS COUNCIL ON WEDNESDAY MAY 30, 2018
1. The Congress commended the Kwara State government for its commitment to sports promotion and development, urging it on the need to increase financial support for Kwara United FC, and to approve financial aids for Abubakar Bukola Saraki Football Club, Kwara Ladies FC and the Sports Associations.
2. It commended Kwara Falcons Basketball Club for their good run in the on-going Kwese Premier League, calling on government to assist the team financially, so as to sustain the feat.
3. Congress called on government to urgently carry out repairs on the damaged facilities at the Kwara State Stadium Complex, as the havoc wrecked by the rain storm has opened the edifice up to security risk.
4. THE Congress commended national SWAN leadership for reviving the lost glory of the sports writing body, and also commended it for donating a trophy for a competition in remembrance of the former State Chairman, Alhaji Aliyu Sulaiman.
5. The Congress resolved unanimously, to appoint the former Acting National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Kawu Baraje as its Patron.
6. Congress appealed to Kwara state government to sponsor members of Kwara SWAN to the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
7. The body resolved to organize Kwara SWAN Award Night, where excellence in sports development and performance will be rewarded.
8. The Congress charged members to update their membership, obtain SWAN and AIPS Identity Cards, and also charged new members to register.
Jimoh BASHIR –Chairman
Ibrahim ALEGE –Secretary
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people