Barring any unforeseen circumstance, Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, will swear in new commissioner nominees whose names were forwarded to the State House of Assembly for screening next week, ROYAL NEWS reports.
Governor Ahmed who made the promise on Tuesday Ilorin, at the monthly stakeholders meeting of the state chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC), explained that the commissioner nominees would be sworn in as soon as the lawmakers were through with their screening this week.
He told the gathering that his government dissolved cabinet five months ago to enable him inject new bloods and make adjustments where necessary.
Gov Ahmed further explained that as the government is winding up, it is important to bring on board more experienced and energetic people who will assist in accelerating the execution of policies and programmes for the benefit of the masses that voted the APC government into power.
Ahmed further stressed that with the appointment of the new set of Commissioners, his administration is set to refocus and redirect the state’s resources and energy towards realizing already set goals so as to justify the confidence reposed on the administration by the people of the state.
Governor Ahmed who commended party stalwarts at the meeting for their peaceful conducts at the recently concluded congresses in the state, said the APC remains a strong party in the state.
“We are committed with the principles of equity, fairness and justice in handling party and state affairs, the governor said.
According to the governor, the same process adopted that ensured peaceful congresses in both ward and local government will be adopted in the coming Saturday state congress .
The state APC Chairman, Hon. Ishola Balogun Fulani had earlier in his remarks expressed gratitude to the party members for their cooperation and support for the party at all times.
He urged the party faithful to continue to remain committed to the party and be wary of nocturnal politicians who are headbent to cause confusion in the party.
Facebook Comments Box
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari