The management of Kwara United Football Club of Ilorin on Friday expressed pain at the loss of Bolaji Akande, the wife of their team’s head coach, Abdullahi Biffo.
Bashir Badawiy, the club’s General Manager, in a statement prayed that God should give Biffo the fortitude to bear the painful loss of his wife.
“It’s sad that the wife of our coach is gone and we are hereby condoling him and his family.
“But we can only pray that the departed’s soul should rest in peace,” he said.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Biffo lost his wife on Thursday.
This was some minutes after his side’s Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Match Day 30 encounter with hosts Dakkada FC in Uyo on Thursday.
Kwara United lost the game 0-2 before Biffo was informed about the death of his wife.
Before she passed on on Thursday, Bolaji had battled against a sickness in Minna for months.
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules
- Osun: Adeleke’s emergence as Gov divine– Traditional worshippers
- Aisha Buhari now wears dress meant for 3 people– Solomon Dalung
- A’Ibom YPP Guber Candidate Jailed For 42Yrs
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt