By Arowona Abdulazeez, Ilorin
The Kwara State House of Assembly has called for the strengthening of monitoring and evaluation of the state Teaching Service Commission to enhance effective teaching and learning in schools in the State.
To this end , it has called for the upward review of the state budget of N1.36m for the unit in 2017 to enhance effective monitoring of schools and colleges in the State.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Education and Human Development Hon. Jimoh Akanni Abdul Rahman gave this indication in Ilorin during a ministerial budget of the State Teaching Service Commission before the House.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the house insisted that for government to justify its huge investment in education monitoring and evaluation must be strengthened and urged the Commission to come up with proposal of N2.99m to ensure provision of necessary logistics for effective performance.
Meanwhile, the house has called on the State Ministry of Environment and Forestry to increase its funding and staffers of the State Environmental Protection Agency to restore the glory of the State as one of the cleanest States in Nigeria.
The house made the call during ministerial budget defence of the agency before the house committee on Health and Environment.
The chairman of the house committee, Hon. Ahmed Ibn Mohammed said the house under the leadership of the Speaker, Dr. Ali Ahmad would ensure the agency was strengthened for effective performance to forestall outbreak of epidemic diseases in any part of the state.
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note