Hon. Ganiyu Abolarin Member Representing Isapa/Ekiti Constituency in the Kwara State House of Assembly, Hon. has made clarifications concerning alleged assault leveled against him by a tenant living in his house in Tanke area of Ilorin, the Kwara State Capital.
In a statement issued and made available to ROYAL NEWS on Monday, Abolarin said the picture painted by the tenant making round on social media was not true.
Abolarin said he was informed of nefarious activities by a tenant living in his house by neighbours who alleged that the tenant used the house for homosexuality, while he and his guests use hard drugs freely.
“I decided to investigate the matter in view of the concern and fear shown by the other tenants but all attempts to speak to or see Mr. Ogundokun proved abortive.
Abolarin said he however decided to involve the Nigerian Police to intervene in the allegation of use of hard drugs and homosexuality by the tenant in order to put a stop to the complaints by other neighbours.
He said that, he along with Hon Owolabi Rasaq, another member of the house involved the police in the matter, adding that the police however apprehended the tenant and invited him for questioning on the 17th of July.
Abolarin expressed shocked for the unfounded allegation that him along with Owolabi assaulted his tenant and the three males with him when he was arrested.
He said the lies against him came up because the accused knew he would be prosecuted for such grievious offense.
Abolarin denied any involvement of the two House members in the allegation, while reiterating their resolved to justify the trust reposed in them by the people of their constituencies.
He urged the supporters of the two honorable members and their well wishers to disregard any rumour of any misdemeanor involving them as the move was only to seek redress in the right way.
It will be recalled that one Mr. Ogundokun had accused the House Members of sending thugs to beat him up before he was arrested by men of the Nigerian Police. #end
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded