The Kwara State government has been urged to equip the State Fire Service to make it respond promptly and effectively to fire outbreak in any part of the state .
This is part of the resolutions of the State House of Assembly after considering a Motion on the “Need for lncreased Awareness on Fire Prevention and Control” raised by a member representing Kaiama/Kamanji/Wajibe Constituency Hon. Ahmed Ibn Mohammed.
Reading the resolutions of the House, the Speaker Dr. Ali Ahmad Said the need become necessary to make the state fire service responsive to fire incidence and other emergency situation promptly.
The House equally directed the State Ministry of Information and Communication through its Media establishments to embark on aggressive sensitization and awareness campaigns on preventive and control of fire outbreak in major languages in the State.
The Lawmakers further directed the 16 Local Government Councils to hold sensitization meetings with Chief Hunters and Maiyati – Allah Association and other Stakeholders in the Local Government Areas on the inherent danger in bush burning during hunting expedition
The Legislature also enjoined the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company to trace all illegal connections, to check likely causes of fire incidence in the Stat
Hon. Ibn Mohammed had while raising the Motion said bush burning was common during dry season by hunters in search of animals, thereby leading to destruction of lives and property, due to negligence after the exercise.
He further explained with sadness, that there had been reported cases of fire outbreaks across major cities and towns during dry season resulting in destruction of lives and property, worth several millions of naira and emphasized the need for massive enlightenment campaigns on danger and how to avert it in homes , market places, offices and other public places.
Other members who contributed on the Motion, advocated among other things installation of modern fire suppression, prevention and notification gadgets, establishment of fire service in all the senatorial Districts of the State and massive sensitization to prevent attendant loss of lives and property.
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector