AUTHORITY of the Kwara State House of Assembly on Wednesday expressed displeasure over the rate at which some individuals are engaging in activities such as dealing with human parts, exhumation of corpses and ritual killings in state. Read also: Presidency to Atiku: You can’t win your Local Govt.
It also expressed readiness to work assiduously in restoring the sanctity of the ancient city of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The Speaker of the House, Dr Ali Ahmed, who lamented that the issue was becoming a daily occurrence and increasingly embarrassing to every responsible indigenes and residents of Ilorin pledged to rally his colleagues towards ensuring that ill acts are stamped out of state at large. Read also: 2018 Budget Will Address Critical Areas Of Residents Needs— KWHA Speaker
The Speaker while meeting members of the Concerned Muslims of Kwara State who were on a courtesy visit to his office on Tuesday pledged to wade-in to address menace.
The lawmaker said it was very worrisome that some few elements could be tarnishing the good image of Ilorin by rubbishing the founding fathers’ work with their dastardly acts.
He however stressed that the legislature was ever ready to partner with various groups, corporate bodies and individuals towards assuring a sane society. Read also: Shocking….. Why we killed 84yr-old lawmaker after paying ransome—Kidnap Suspects
Earlier, the Leader of the delegation, Professor Lanre Badmus of the University of Ilorin, had expressed concern over the happenings in and around the state capital in recent years.
The varsity don further disclosed that the group is working on presenting a bill to the House to ensure that the city is rid of social ills urging the legislators to assist in making it a reality.
He however lauded the Speaker’s impact and leadership style which he noted has made the 8th Legislature a distinct Assembly. Read also: See Saraki’s reactions to alleged Kwara Poly Tuition Fee increment (FULL TEXT)
The University don also commended the Assembly for passing a resolution against nude dancing in hotels in the State.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin