By Salihu A. Modibbo
Theleadership of the Kwara State House of Assembly has called on the MTN Communication Outfit to appear before its committee on Public Petition over alleged wrong installation of its mast at Budo Egba, Judges Quarters’ road Tanke Ilorin, thereby causing environmental hazards to the people of the area.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the summon followed a compliant by a resident of the area, Chief Oladele Olanrewaju, through his legal Practitioner, Barrister Teju Oguntoye written on 13th February, 2017.
The Chairman of the Committee, Hon Adebayo Mohammed who presided over the weekend’s sitting expressed displeasure over the non appearance of the MTN communication outfit at its sitting, inspite of the house’s formal letter of invitation to the communication outfit, dated 17th February, 2017.
The chairman who said the house would give fair hearing to all parties concern, before taken a definite position, urged MTN and other stakeholders to attend the rescheduled meeting slated for Friday, 3rd March, 2017.
In their remarks, members representing Kaiama/ Kemanji/ Wajibe, Afon and Irepodun Constituencies Alh Ahmed Ibn Mohammed, Hon. Mobolaji Amosa and Hon.Olaitan Babaoye who described the legislature as the house of record, said the legislature might be compelled to use the power confer on it by the constitution on MTN, if it fails to appear before the house, next week.
Also speaking, the State Coordinator of the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency Mr. Enennaene Martins enumerated the statutory functions of its organization, towards safeguarding the health and property of the people of the state.
Mr. Martins who praised the house for its prompt response towards addressing the yearnings of the people, assured that the NESREA would collaborate with the House towards ensuring a save environment in the state.
The Petitioner Chief Oladele Olanrewaju who spoke through his lawyer, Barrister Teju Oguntoye praised the prompt response of the house to the Petition, saying that the legislature had truely demonstrated that it was a Peoples’ Assembly.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal
- Multichoice, stakeholders reject pay-per-view for TV
- Money to fix Nigeria stolen on daily basis – ICPC