The Kwara State House of Assembly has called on the State Government to liaise with Traditional Rulers and other stakeholders, to recognise Neighborhood Community Policing, with a view to making it complementing the efforts of the conventional Police.
This according to the State House of Assembly, will reinforce the slogan of the state, as the State of Harmony
The resolution followed a motion raised by the House leader and a member representing Essa/Shawo/Igbodun Constituency;Hon. Hassan Oyeleke, on “Resuscitation of Neighborhood Community Policing in Kwara State”
Reading the resolution of the House, the Deputy Speaker; Elder Mathew Okedare who presided over the Wednesday’s sitting said that,no where in the world would Police succeeds in bursting crime,without the efforts of neighborhood and community policing system, and thereafter praised the House leader for raising the motion
Hon. Oyeleke had while raising the motion explained that, in view of the current security challenges bedevilling the nation, the need to properly document and empower neighborhood community policing became imperative, to assist the conventional police, in preventing and bursting crimes as well as other security challenges in the state
Other members who spoke on the motion, identified inadequate manpower,logistic problems, poor intelligence gathering and sensitisation, and advocated among other things an enactment of a law that would strengthen community policing to enhance adequate protection of the citizenry.
The House also at its sitting, received a correspondent from the State Governor;Alhaji AbdulFatah Ahmed,seeking the establishment of Kwara State Procurement Agency.
The Bill, according to the Governor would ensure socio- economic transformation of the state, by enabling the state access various international funding opportunities
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday