Ahead of the formal commissioning of the International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC), Ajase-Ipo, the Kwara State government has completed installation of equipment and training tools at the College, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaji Musa Yeketi, who made this known in Ilorin on Thursday, said that the modern equipment and tools are for the five pioneering departments of the institution.
According to him, the departments are Masonry and Carpentry, Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Welding, as well as Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning
He also disclosed that the State government is partnering with the World Bank under its Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO) programme to sponsor first set of students of IVTEC.
The Commissioner said the partnership is to allow interested youths from less privileged families to have access to training at the College and that the prospective beneficiaries will be selected across the 16 local government areas of the State as contained in the YESSO database.
He explained that the World Bank representative, Prof. Foluso Okunmadewa and the YESSO Task Team leader had early this month visited IVTEC to evaluate and consider possible areas of partnership with the College.
Yeketi also said that the College has completed the construction of a police post to ensure the safety of staff, students and facilities.
Meanwhile, the pioneer Rector of IVTEC, Dr. Wendy Kay Daeges has resigned her appointment following the demise of her father and the need for her to return to the United States to take care of her aged mother.
The Commissioner further disclosed that the State government has appointed Mr. Sunday A. Bello as the new Registrar and Mr. Oladiran Ifeoluwa as new IT Systems Manager for the College.
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest