Ahead of the formal commissioning of the International Vocational, Technical and Entrepreneurship College (IVTEC), Ajase-Ipo, the Kwara State government has completed installation of equipment and training tools at the College, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
The State Commissioner for Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaji Musa Yeketi, who made this known in Ilorin on Thursday, said that the modern equipment and tools are for the five pioneering departments of the institution.
According to him, the departments are Masonry and Carpentry, Automotive, Electrical and Electronics, Welding, as well as Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning
He also disclosed that the State government is partnering with the World Bank under its Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO) programme to sponsor first set of students of IVTEC.
The Commissioner said the partnership is to allow interested youths from less privileged families to have access to training at the College and that the prospective beneficiaries will be selected across the 16 local government areas of the State as contained in the YESSO database.
He explained that the World Bank representative, Prof. Foluso Okunmadewa and the YESSO Task Team leader had early this month visited IVTEC to evaluate and consider possible areas of partnership with the College.
Yeketi also said that the College has completed the construction of a police post to ensure the safety of staff, students and facilities.
Meanwhile, the pioneer Rector of IVTEC, Dr. Wendy Kay Daeges has resigned her appointment following the demise of her father and the need for her to return to the United States to take care of her aged mother.
The Commissioner further disclosed that the State government has appointed Mr. Sunday A. Bello as the new Registrar and Mr. Oladiran Ifeoluwa as new IT Systems Manager for the College.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes