The Kwara State Government has warned Principals to desist from all acts capable truncating the laudable efforts by the present administration in the state in its bid to give quality education to children of the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the state government was appalled by the recent rumor of some Principals in public schools asking students to bring concrete blocks to school.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaja Mariam AyodejiGarba gave this warning in meeting with Principals of public schools held at St. Anthony Secondary School recently.
Alhaja Garba who condemned the act in its totality warned Principals find of such inical practice to desist henceforth before the long arm of the law catches up with them.
Reacting to the allegations that the decision to collect concrete blocks fo students was reached at the PTA should be forwarded to the ministry for approval.
She also implored Principals of Public Secondary School in the state to be wary of any visitor claiming to come from the ministry and intimidating them on their job. She urged them to always ask for letters of authority from the ministry from such intruders and also call the ministry to confirm their identity.
In a related development, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaja Mariam AyodejiGarba has announced dates for the 2018 state entrance examination for Junior Secondary school.
In a statement made available and signed by the press Secretary of the ministry, Mallam Kamaldeen Yakubu Aliagan, the Permanent Secretary disclosed that the 2018 state entrance examination for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools (JSS and SSS) will come up on Saturday 16th June 2018 while the Joint mock exam will take place on 18th to 22 June 2018.
While wishing all the students success in the forthcoming exams, the Permanent Secretary advised them to be well prepared for the forthcoming exams.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List