The Kwara State Government has warned Principals to desist from all acts capable truncating the laudable efforts by the present administration in the state in its bid to give quality education to children of the state.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the state government was appalled by the recent rumor of some Principals in public schools asking students to bring concrete blocks to school.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaja Mariam AyodejiGarba gave this warning in meeting with Principals of public schools held at St. Anthony Secondary School recently.
Alhaja Garba who condemned the act in its totality warned Principals find of such inical practice to desist henceforth before the long arm of the law catches up with them.
Reacting to the allegations that the decision to collect concrete blocks fo students was reached at the PTA should be forwarded to the ministry for approval.
She also implored Principals of Public Secondary School in the state to be wary of any visitor claiming to come from the ministry and intimidating them on their job. She urged them to always ask for letters of authority from the ministry from such intruders and also call the ministry to confirm their identity.
In a related development, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education and Human Capital Development, Alhaja Mariam AyodejiGarba has announced dates for the 2018 state entrance examination for Junior Secondary school.
In a statement made available and signed by the press Secretary of the ministry, Mallam Kamaldeen Yakubu Aliagan, the Permanent Secretary disclosed that the 2018 state entrance examination for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools (JSS and SSS) will come up on Saturday 16th June 2018 while the Joint mock exam will take place on 18th to 22 June 2018.
While wishing all the students success in the forthcoming exams, the Permanent Secretary advised them to be well prepared for the forthcoming exams.
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy
- Gov. Zulum appoints 7 Permanent Secretaries
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour of A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto